Teen Patti, also known as Indian Poker, has become extremely popular in recent years, not only in India but worldwide. This game is a variation of the English card game ‘Three Card Brag’ and has gained a new following in the online gaming community, allowing millions of players to enjoy it.
Teen Patti is a real money card game that is widely played online. In this article, we will explore the origins of Teen Patti, its rules, strategies for winning, different variations of the game, and provide recommendations for the best online platforms to play this exciting game.
Online Teen Patti Game For Real Money
Origin of Teen Patti
Teen Patti, also known as ‘3 Patti’ or ‘Teen Patti,’ is a card game that originated in India. It has been influenced by the British game ‘Three Card Brag,’ which was introduced during the British colonial period. Teen Patti has evolved over time and incorporates elements of traditional poker, making it a unique combination of two card games.
In present-day India, Teen Patti holds cultural significance and is often played among friends and families, especially during religious festivals like Diwali. The game’s popularity has increased with the rise of the internet, and now there are online platforms where players can enjoy Teen Patti for real money.
Common Terms in 3 Patti Game
To get started with Teen Patti, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with important terms that are vital for mastering the game. Here are some key terms related to Teen Patti:
● Boot/Boot Amount: This is the initial ante or forced bet required to enter the game.
● Blind: Players who choose to play without looking at their cards are playing blind.
● Chaal: Similar to calling a bet in hindi, the chaal amount depends on the specific betting rules for seen and blind players.
● Side Show: A side show is a head-to-head showdown between two seen players.
● Pack: Another word for folding.
● Side Pot: Side show between two seen players
● Sequence/Run: It means straight.
● Colour: Another word for flush
How to Play Teen Patti?
Playing the game of online 3 Patti requires players to stake real money. Playing a free game can offer you better control over the other kind of bets that you can play only with real money. Among the other popular Indian games are Poker and Andar Bahar.
Teen Patti is popularly played at functions or get-togethers. Betting may or may not be involved in the game. Although this game is based on chance, you can master certain skills for performing better in this game. You can also benefit significantly by observing the moves of your opponents.
Teen Patti can be played in a group of three to six people. Played with a standard card deck of 52 cards, the game does not use jokers in the game. The game starts with three cards being dealt to each player. The boot amount is decided and collected from the participating players.
This is the amount that needs to be put in the pool as a minimum stake by the players playing the game. As the game progresses, the money in the pool increases allowing the winner to walk away with all the money in the pot.
The player who has the highest hand is declared the winner in a game of Teen Patti. Playing 3 Patti online is a straightforward process that offers an exciting gaming experience.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play this game online.
1. Choose a Teen Patti Casino and Table
The first step to playing Teen Patti online involves selecting a reputable online casino that offers Teen Patti games. Once you have registered and made a deposit, navigate to the casino’s game lobby and select a Teen Patti table that suits your betting preference.
Once you’ve chosen your table, you’ll need to place an ante bet to receive your cards. This is a mandatory initial bet that all players must place before the game begins.
After the ante bet, each player is dealt three cards face down. At this stage, you must decide whether to play ‘blind’ or ‘seen’. A ‘blind’ player does not look at their cards, while a ‘seen’ player opts to look at their cards before placing their bet. If you choose to play ‘seen’, you must bet at least twice the ante amount.
There are different rules for different players in Teen Patti.
BLIND PLAYERS –
- Blind players have the options of packing (fold), betting, or showing.
- The blind player can bet the current stake amount or two times of it.
- A blind player can ask for a show when only two players are remaining in the round.
SEEN PLAYERS –
- Pack, Chaal (call or raise), or a sideshow can be requested by a seen player.
- The seen player can either bet twice or four times of the current stake.
- If a seen player requests a sideshow with another seen player they are requesting to go head-to-head with the player who bets right before them.
The game continues in a clockwise direction from the dealer. Each player has the option to either bet (if they think they have a higher hand) or fold (if they believe their hand is weak). The amount you bet is determined by whether you are playing blind or seen. Blind players must bet at least the current stake amount, while seen players must bet twice the current stake.
When only two players remain in the game, one player can pay for a ‘show’, where both players reveal their cards. The player attaining a higher hand wins the pot. If all but one player folds their cards, the last remaining player automatically wins the game.
3 Patti Game Rules
Teen Patti is a popular card game with many variations and different rules. It’s important to understand the specific rules of the version you are playing. The basic rule is that the dealer deals 3 cards to each player, who then places a bet. You can bet with ₹100 or raise the bet if you have enough in your bankroll.
To win the game, you need to have a better hand than the other players at the table. The winning combinations in Teen Patti are different from those in Poker, and include high card, three-of-a-kind, Pair, Pure Sequence, Sequence/Straight, Royal Flush, Flush, and Winning Potential.
While the laws on online gaming in India may vary, Teen Patti is considered a game of skill and chance. Your chances of winning depend on the strength of the cards you hold, even if you’re bluffing.
Shows in ‘Teen Patti’
A player can request a show in the game of Teen Patti. The two types of shows are –
Side show – Between 2 seen players
Blind show – Requested by a blind player
Two players expose their cards and the person with the weaker hand has to surrender. In order to request a show the person has to pay twice of the stake and the other person has the right to accept or reject.
Things to keep in mind –
- If the hands of both players are equal, then the player who requested for a show loses.
- If two seen players request a side show, the losing player has to pack when the game ends.
- Irrespective of the other player being seen or blind, the blind player can only request a show when there are two players left in the game.
- When three or more players are remaining, seen players can ask for a show. They can only request a show from the other seen players or the person who bets just before them.
Ranking of cards in Teen Patti
Hand rankings tell you about how powerful a sequence is. It states the sequences that help you win the game. Here is the sequence of the High to Low ranking of cards in the game of Teen Patti.
- Trio/Three-of-a-kind: A hand with three cards of the same value. The highest trio wins.
- Pure/Straight sequence: A hand with three cards of the same suit with consecutive numbers, like a mini straight flush. The highest run is Ace-King-Queen, followed by Ace-2-3.
- Normal sequence: Three consecutive cards of different suits. Also called straight or run.
- Colour/Flush: A hand with three cards of the same suit in any order.
- Pair: A hand with two cards of the same value. In case of a tie, the highest third card (kicker) wins.
- High Card: The highest card in the hand. In case of competing against the dealer, the dealer must have at least a queen high to qualify.
A-K-Q sequence has the highest rank sequence in the game. A-2-3 has the second-highest rank.
Teen Patti Sequence – 3 Patti Sequence List
In order to win the game, a player needs to have a better hand in comparison to their opponents. The winning combination of three cards is quite different when compared to Poker. However, the basic idea of winning a combination in the game remains the same.
|Three of a kind||424:00:1||52||0.24|
Variations of Teen Patti
Over time, numerous variations of Teen Patti have developed, each adding a unique twist to the game. Here are some popular variants of Teen Patti:
- Royal Teen Patti: This variation is played with face cards and tens only. As there are only twenty cards in play, a maximum of six people can participate.
- The bust card draws: In this, a dealer draws a random card. If any of the other players hold that card, he/she will have to fold it.
- Joker Teen Patti: Each player receives two cards and a joker. The joker can be used to make the best hand possible.
- High wild: The cards with the highest value in the game become wild cards.
- Two-lowest Wild: Each player in the game is dealt four cards. The lowest-ranking cards in the game are termed wild cards.
- AK47: In this variant, aces, kings, fours, and sevens all act as wild cards, adding an exciting dimension to the game
- Lowball Teen Patti: Also known as MuflissTeen Patti, the player with the lowest-ranking hand wins in this variation
- Best of Four: Each player receives four cards and makes the best possible three-card hand.
Live Teen Patti Strategies to Win
Teen Patti game requires you to demonstrate skills along with a great sense of understanding your opponents. Since the game is dependent on aspects of both luck and chance, you need to consider spending some time mastering bluffing during the game. This will take you a long way and would turn you into one of the strongest players in Teen Patti.
You can be skilled at bluffing, but you need to remember that you are competing in big leagues where other players are no less. Your opponents may be more experienced in the art of bluffing. It is best not to underestimate anybody and keep an eye on other players.
Here are a few things to note:
- Playing blind can be a big risk in Teen Patti. In most cases playing blind shows the player’s confidence leading to the folding of cards by co-players, especially when the other players know that their cards aren’t in their favor.
- When playing Teen Patti online, you have the option to use a unique strategy called the sideshow. This move can boost your confidence and potentially intimidate your opponent, but it’s important to note that it should only be attempted if you have a strong hand.
- If you are playing with six cards and feel confident that your combination is higher than your opponent’s, you can request a sideshow. If they accept, they must reveal their cards. If their hand is weaker than yours, they must fold.
Every player at the Teen Patti table needs to make his/her contribution to the boot money. It is only after you make your contribution that you will receive the first three cards face down. The game starts with the player sitting next to the dealer and continues in a clockwise direction from the dealer.
The player can place a wager without checking the cards if he wishes to play blind. Those who want to check their cards (seven players), they can continue with any of the options based on the progress of the game.
More about a ‘blind player’
Well, if you wish to play blind, all you need to do is do away with the habit of checking the cards that you have been dealt. Depending on the options open to you in the game of Teen Patti, you can either play ‘blind’, ‘pack’, or ‘show’. For playing blind, you will need to place a wager in the pot at the table.
Now, the bet is either equal to the stake amount or twice the amount. The boot amount refers to the ‘current’ stake amount in play. If you decide to play blind, you will have to place a bet equivalent to the boot value or twice the amount.
The stake value is the blind bet that has been placed by the previous player. This means that half of the bet value of the ‘seen player’ is considered as the corresponding player’s stake amount. So, if the following player plays blind, then the bet amount will be either equal to or twice the stake value.
If the game has only 2 players remaining while all the others have already folded, the blind player can request a show. This is known as the ‘blind show’. The cards can be revealed only when a request is made for a show.
More about ‘Seen Player’
As a seen player, you can either play a ‘Chaal’ or ‘Pack’. Now the former move is typically played if the player wishes to stay in the game. Among the other options that the seen player can choose are the sideshow and show. Once you see the cards dealt to you, you will have to play a Chaal (move), if you wish to continue playing the game.
What is a ‘Chaal’?
Chaal translates to a move. A seen player needs to play a Chaal if he/she wishes to remain in the Teen Patti game. For playing a Chaal, the player will be required to first place the bet amount into the pot. Depending on the previous move made, the bet value for the following player can alter. For instance, if the previous player played blind, the bet value will be equal to the previous player’s stake.
However, if the previous move was made by a seen player, the value of the bet would be half the stake made by the previous player. This means your bet value can range from being equal to twice or four times the value of the current stake.
Understanding Side Show
If you are a seen player in the game, you can request a sideshow to the player on your right, provided he/she too is a seen player. Once, you make this request and the previous player agrees, you can show your cards to each other.
However, to do so, you will first have to put twice the current stake value into the pot. Also, remember that the previous player has the option to either accept or decline your request.
If your request for a sideshow is declined, you won’t be able to see the cards of the preceding player, instead, you will have to continue the game and the next player will get to play his turn. If the request is accepted by the previous player and he/she has a better hand, you will have to pack your cards.
On the contrary, if you are fortunate to have better cards, then the previous player will have to pack his cards. As soon as one player packs his cards, the turn passes to the following player.
Best Sites to Play 3 Patti
- Parimatch is a popular online casino that offers a variety of games, including Teen Patti. It has a user-friendly interface, excellent customer service, and a wide range of payment options.
- Casino Days is a top-rated online casino that offers a seamless gaming experience, with a focus on Indian players. It offers a variety of Teen Patti games, including live dealer games, and accepts payments in Indian Rupees.
- 24betting is a trusted online casino that offers a range of popular games, including Teen Patti. It is known for its fast payouts, excellent customer service, and a wide range of betting options.
- Odds96 is a reputable online casino that offers a variety of games, including Teen Patti. It offers a seamless gaming experience, with a user-friendly interface and a variety of payment options.
FAQs on Teen Patti
How to play Teen Patti Game?
Teen Patti is a desi version of Poker where the dealer deals three cards facing down for each player. Players continue to bet depending on the hands they have been dealt until a single player remains in the game.
Is it legal to play Teen Patti online?
Yes, it is 100% legal to play Teen Patti online at your favorite casino. There are no laws present that can say otherwise.
What is a pot in Teen Patti?
The “pot” is the sum that includes all of the players’ initial bets placed. As the game continues, the size of the pot starts to grow. The winner of the round wins all the money in the pot.
Can you play Teen Patti for free at an online casino?
Unfortunately, you cannot play Teen Patti for free at any available Indian online casino.