Playing at online casinos is entertaining but when it comes to gambling with real money, players need to be extra cautious. Playing at a top-rated Indian casino is advantageous as it not only ensures the safety and security of your financial data but also offers a plethora of reliable banking options. With a wide range of popular transaction methods, you can easily deposit the amount you want to at your favourite casino.
Deposit methods refer to the payment options available at online casinos that enable players to deposit and place real money bets at any Indian online gambling site. Most deposit methods also allow you to withdraw your winnings at the site you choose to play at.
While most world-class casinos are likely to offer a multitude of deposit methods, it’s best to understand the pros and cons of each method before using any. However, with the overwhelming choice, you might find it challenging to decide on the appropriate payment option. This guide intends to cover all the popular options so that you can make a comprehensive choice.
Top Banking Options at Online Indian Casinos
Funding your casino account is a prerequisite to gambling successfully online. Despite playing on the internet, every country lays out its gambling laws and rules making it essential for gamblers to exercise caution. If you are playing at an online gambling site in India, you might need to know that all electronic payments at online casinos in India are vetted by the Reserve bank of India under its Payment Settlement and Systems Act. This means that all payments including those done via credit and debit card as well as e-wallets and others come under its purview.
Currently, all India based online casinos are supported and protected by their independent security system. Not only the payment methods, but the online sites are all backed by their security protocols to safeguard the player’s financial and personal information. Among the myriad deposit methods, cryptocurrency payments have emerged as one of the most secure and futuristic payment methods. Bitcoins can be bought from digital currency exchange services in exchange for your Indian Rupees.
When depositing at an online casino, it’s important to ascertain that you don’t give away any financial information. All the Indian online casinos featured on our site are legitimate offering a completely safe gambling environment along with authentic deposit facilities.
Common Deposit Methods in Indian Casinos
At popular online casinos in India, you can use any of these common deposit methods to make your payment.
For players who are comfortable using their debit or credit cards to make a payment, here are the most popular options you might find at most Indian online casinos.
Visa: A popular and trusted card payment method around the world, Visa debit or credit card is used by many players to conveniently deposit into their casino accounts. Withdrawals by this method might take anywhere between 2-5 working days for being credited to your bank account. Withdrawals by Visa are free.
Mastercard is another popular mode of card payment at Indian casinos. While deposits are instantly done, the withdrawal time can take up to 5 days. This method also does not charge players any transaction fee on withdrawals.
American Express Card is also known as AMEX. Akin to Visa and MasterCard, it is a safe and secure payment option but does is not yet as popular. So, you might come across a few casinos that facilitate it as a withdrawal method.
PayPal is a widely used e-wallet banking methods that make deposits and withdrawals quick and convenient. It could take up to 24 hours for your Paypal to get credited. The perk of using this deposit method is that it’s free.
Paysafecard is also a secure and safe e-wallet transaction option although it hasn’t become as popular among the Indian gambling community.
Entropay, an e-wallet method could be available at several Indian online casino sites, but it isn’t a recommended method as it levies a higher withdrawal fee compared to other e-wallet option. The fee of 1.95% is typically charged on withdrawals across betting sites in India. For players who want to return money to their debit or credit card from their Entropay account would have to pay £3 as a fee. It takes around 3-5 business days for your withdrawal amount to get credited into your bank Entropay.
Skrill has gained immense popularity among the Indian casino lovers. This e-wallet method is mostly available as a method to withdraw money at most Indian online sites. This method makes sure that your winnings are paid out within 24 hrs. However, Skrill may not be available as a deposit method at many casinos in India. We have a separate post explaining how to make a deposit from your Skrill account to Showlion casino which is quite popular in India.
Neteller: An e-wallet payment, Neteller is a preferred option of payment at Indian casino sites. Although withdrawal is free and processed within 12 hours, many forms of bonuses are not eligible when you deposit with Neteller. Showlion casino has made a detailed video on how to deposit via Neteller on their casino. Please check it out below.
ecoPayz facilitates easy and safe payments. The withdrawal process might take up to 3 working days.
MuchBetter- As the name suggests MuchBetter is a reliable option to withdraw your winnings from your casino. This e-wallet payment app is yet to become as popular as the other e-wallets such as Neteller, PayPal and Skrill.
Safetypay: A trustworthy banking option used by gamblers in India, this method is used to make payments. It is a non-card payment method and cannot be used for withdrawals. The option enables online cash payments and bank transfers.
Astropay: Quite a popular e-wallet option, you will find it at most Indian casinos. Currently, this does not have a withdrawal system open to Indian players although it is widely used as a deposit option.
Payment IQ is a relatively new payment software solution that can be used to make casino deposits. The payment platform works with the backend of online casino operators.
The process of depositing at Indian Online Casinos
Now that you know the various deposit methods at your Indian Online Casinos, you might want to know how to get started. Here’s how you can make your payments.
How to deposit using Credit Cards in Indian Casino?
- Register at your favourite online casino
- Head to the banking section and select the Credit Card option that you want to make a payment with.
- Add the required details along with the amount and approve your payment.
How to deposit using e-wallet options in Online Casino In India?
We recommended e-wallets – Neteller and Skrill for online deposits to Indian Casinos. We below have shared a detail step by step guide in depositing via Skrill particularly for the new online e-wallet users.
Registration on Skrill is simple and will take a few minutes. For those of you who have never used Skrill, we have prepared this guideline with screenshots.
1. Go to skrill.com and click on Register.
2. In the Registration form, Please enter your First Name, Last name, Country, desired Currency (please set it up for INR currency as your primary currency so that you will not face any additional charges for conversion), Email, and to create a Password. After that, please click on the Register Now button.
3. In the next step, please enter your Address, City, Postal Code (ZIP), Date of Birth (you must be at least 18 years old to register), and your Phone number. These details particularly your mobile number is only used If you lose access to your account or incase you forget your password only. Then click Next.
4. Step 4 is to Secure your account. In this step, you have to create your 6-digit PIN code. This is very important as you will always need it when you send or withdraw money into/from your Skrill e-wallet. Once this is done, Press the Save button.
5. Step 5 is to Replenish your Skrill account.If you want to deposit on any casino, you need to first load the money. Click Deposit on the left side navigation menu and choose the most suitable method for you. For example, Manual Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, etc.
6. Lets say you choose the Card method. You will need to Add your card. You can add your card details as shown below. Press Add Card & Continue.
7. In the last step you only have to choose the sum that you want to add to your Skrill account (limit 59,260 INR) and click Next.
8. Once you have added the balance in your Skrill account with the above steps, you are ready to make a deposit on online casino that accepts Skrill. Showlion is an online casino that allows Skrill and Neteller and they have a good bonus to this payment method too. You can read it more in our Showlion review for the same.
At Spinsvilla, we also suggest MuchBetter as your trustworthy transaction method when playing with real money at online sites. This UK-based e-wallet brand has won accolades for its services in several categories. A fully licensed and regulated method under the purview of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Electronic Money Association, it follows all mandatory regulations of operations. All you need is to simply top up your account with your debit or credit card and transfer the money into your casino account.
Below are the steps
Aside from e-wallets and card payments, online casinos also accept deposits via bank transfer and pay by phone methods. You can use any of the following options based on your preference.
How to Deposit using bank transfer in Indian casinos?
- Go to the bank payment section on your online casino.
- Find the bank wire transfer option
- Fill in the necessary information
- Wait for a couple of days for the bank to confirm the payment and transfer it to the bank
- As soon as the transfer is complete you will receive a confirmation notification on your email from the casino.
How to Deposit via SMS/Text Message?
- Go to the banking page on your casino’s website
- Select a desirable phone casino payment option
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Feed-in your phone number and wait for the verification code which will be sent via a text message
- Once done, you’ll receive the confirmation and details of your payment via an SMS
Paytm and GooglePay are popular mobile payment methods in India.
Paying with Cards at Indian Online Casino
If you want to pay with credit cards at your online gambling site, it’s important to consider a few things.
- First, you must clear your card for international transactions. For this, you will have to communicate with your bank and get the necessary clearance for international purchases. Note that some credit and debit cards are blocked by default.
- Secondly, some cards can’t be used for withdrawals as many gambling sites don’t accept withdrawals via this method from Indian players. Some of these include Visa, Maestro, MasterCard and others. You can only make deposits using these cards. We suggest you read the Terms and Conditions carefully before paying.
- Avoid gambling on credit as it you can land up screwing up your credit score in case of losses. You can head to our Responsible Gambling page to keep away from habitual gambling and other gambling-related behavioural issues.
- t’s important to select the right card. There is a range of cards including the American Express Card, Maestro, Diner and Cirrus. All these are less popular than Visa and MasterCard. So, make a wise decision to place the best bet.
After all that gaming and winning, all you would want to do is to withdraw your winnings. Here’s how to go about it!
Verify your account
When signing up at a casino, you might have to fill in your details. Make sure that you enter correct information to prevent troubles in future. Each time you want to withdraw your money you will have to provide these details along with your identity proof. Casinos ensure that you follow all the T&C to the tee. Providing any false information when registering with the casino can lead to the negation of your winnings.
You will have to submit your Identity Proof and a Residential Proof (not older than 90 days) to the casino when signing up. If your winning sum exceeds INR 50000, the casino will ask you to provide a bank statement to cross-check your name and address.
When playing from India, make sure that you use universally accepted identity documents like your Passport or Aadhar Card as most sites operate overseas and easily accept these documents.
You need to ensure safe withdrawals from your casino account. Just in case if you have already verified your account in advance, depending on your chosen method to make your payment, you will be able to receive your money in your account within 24 hours. Winnings more than INR 10,000 have a fixed rate in India (30%). You can avoid reporting your smaller winnings to the IT Department.
Withdrawing Winnings at Top Online Casino Sites in India
Let’s make the process simpler for our players to understand. You can withdraw money from your online casino by simply following these steps:
- Click on the transactions/banking/cashier section on your casino site
- Select ‘withdrawals’
- Choose your preferred method of withdrawal. Make sure to verify it before opting for it.
- Enter the amount to be withdrawn and place your request.
Deciding on Viable Payment Options
You could feel that the entire process of depositing money to an offshore online casino is cumbersome. Well, some regular banks in India currently don’t enable it and that’s where the e-wallets work as a solution. E-wallets are convenient to use and the best thing is that your bank details are also kept secured with the providers. Moreover, quick payouts within a few hours make e-wallets preferred payment options. From Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Money Broker and many others, you can choose the one that caters to your requirement.
Players can also opt for Cash on Delivery at their favourite Indian online casino. Some sites such as 1xbet accept cash on delivery. The method is designed for players who don’t have a bank account but wish to play at top Indian casinos online.
The process of paying via Cash on Delivery is simple as you might just need to provide your residential address. There will be a 1xMan who will appear at your doorstep so that you can collect the cash and deposit it into your online casino account. This facility is available at Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Bangalore.